Amazon launches more discounts for No-Rush Shipping to battle Walmart
Being pushed out more aggressively as Prime Day inches closer, Amazon is stepping up additional discounts for Prime members by offering roughly identical discounts (compared to Walmart) for choosing the slowest shipping method. While Amazon has offered promotional discounts for choosing slow shipping AFTER you complete a purchase, this new discount is immediate at checkout.
This move is likely designed to counter Walmart’s new anti-Amazon Prime program called the Pickup Discount. Walmart is essentially paying customers to completely avoid shipping and pickup the product at a local Walmart instead. This allows Walmart to save on shipping costs as resupply trucks that are already headed to a specific store can simply be loaded up with online orders.
For instance, this King-size Bed frame includes an additional $36 discount if you choose the slower no-rush shipping. You can find the discount listed beneath the pricing. That brings the price down to less than $30.
Over at Walmart, the retailer offers a similar discount of $37 when choosing to pick up the item rather than have it shipped to your home. However, Walmart isn’t offering the additional discount on the frame’s price, only bringing the price down to $64 (identical to Amazon’s starting price).
At this time, there’s not an easy way to search Amazon for products that include an additional No-Rush Shipping discount. If you are shopping on Walmart and come across the Pickup Discount, you may want to search Amazon for the same product.
When you choose no-rush shipping on the Amazon Checkout page, it will look like this:
If you want to read all the details related to the promotion, the rules & regs can be found here. Some of the more important ones are below:
- The discount or promotional reward applies only to the type of items indicated in the offer at checkout and does not apply to the purchase of software subscriptions or items purchased via Subscribe & Save.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC…Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible.”
- Offer good while supplies last.
- Offer must be redeemed in the US. In addition, digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the US.
- Taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
Have you found any items with the promo discount? Let us know in the comments below.