Want to pay less for a new Amazon Echo? Get an extra 25% off with a trade-in.
Starting today and running through 8:59 AM (Pacific Time) on Thursday, 10/1/2020, Amazon is offering a bonus credit when trading in an old Amazon device (or related devices from other brands).
Amazon is offering the largest discount on Echo devices, specifically 25% off on the purchase of a new Amazon Echo, Echo Dot or Echo Show. In order to qualify for the discount, you have to trade-in older Echo devices.
For instance, a 1st generation Amazon Echo in good condition will get you $25 back in a digital gift card as well as a 25% off coupon on a new Echo device. You could go from 1st generation to 4th generation for roughly $50, which is half the cost of the 4th gen Echo speaker.
You could also pursue a large discount by trading in a third gen, Echo Dot for $5 (ideal for anyone that took advantage of the Echo Dot for $9 deal last year) and use that 25% off discount to get $62 off the new Echo Show 10.
Beyond 25% off on new Echo devices, Amazon is offering 20% bonus discounts for trade-ins across a barrage of categories:
- 20% off Fire TV with trade-in: LINK
- 20% off Kindle with trade-in: LINK
- 20% off Fire Tablets with trade-in: LINK
- 20% off Ring security with trade-in: LINK
- 20% off Eero Wi-fi Mesh with trade-in: LINK
Regarding trade-in value, Echo devices appear to offer some of the better trade-in values while Fire TV devices off the worst. But if you were planning on upgrading anyway, it’s going to be worth it for the additional discount.
Two things to keep in mind to save even more money:
- The % off discount is automatically applied in your cart when you purchase the new device through midnight on November 30. That means the discount will be available during Prime Day as well as Black Friday & Cyber Monday. You may save even more money by waiting for additional sales on your new device.
- Watch for bonus % back offers on the Amazon Prime Visa card. The base is 5% back, but Amazon likes to offer additional discounts on Amazon devices during Q4. Potentially, you could save up to another 20% by using that specific credit card during checkout.