10 Gut Reactions to the Latest The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 Trailer
The Hunger Games movie franchise, also understood as Jennifer Lawrence’s fame machine, is finally coming to end. Lionsgate put out a fairly detailed The Hunger Games: Mockinjay Part 2 trailer today, ensuring that, yes, it’s coming to end.
Everyone’s back for a good old romp in Panem. Here’s how it felt, for me, the first time watching:
- Donald Sutherland is still the king of ominous voice-overs.
- Snow surrounded by Snow… subtle.
- The world-building in the movies has always been a strange combination of tech and poverty – as dictated by the books – but it’s one of the few things that never clicked, visually.
- Also, the hero shots have never quite landed for me either.
- According to modern movies, there is no other future airplane than those with propellers inside of wings. Get on that, Northrop Grumman.
- 2:02 is all kinds of horror, but it’s also a great reminder that, in spite of numbers 3 and 4 on this list, the cinematography in this series has been phenomenal. Book readers will get it.
- Somebody’s been watching Guillermo del Toro movies. I forget what this is supposed to be, but I like it.
- I guess they’re just brushing over that whole cliffhanger thing at the end of The Hunger Games: Mockinjay Part 1. Katniss’ psychosis was just a fleeting ailment, apparently.
- Peta gets a voice-over as well, but was he as dramatically relegated to the sideshow this late in the books too? It seems like the character has become less and less important.
- Alright, 2:02 should be a cliffhanger for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 3. That exact moment, and then cut to black. Mockinjay Part 3 is a montage of Katniss Everdeen hero shots taking place inside her head.
The Hunger Games: Mockinjay Part 2 hits theaters on Nov. 20.