Everything you need to wait in line for the new Star Wars movie
If you are as excited as we are for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, we’ve put together a list of gear that will be helpful for standing in line as you watch the seconds tick on your Darth Vader wristwatch.
1. A Temporary Homestead
While digging into the sidewalk to recreate the Lars homestead on Tatooine may be slightly extreme, having a solid tent will give you a bit of privacy when sleeping in front of a theater. Here are a couple options:
2. The Belly of a Tauntaun
For anyone that lives in a Hoth-like climate, having a sleeping bag to stay warm at night is absolutely essential, especially since there are few, if any, Tauntaun roaming the great white north. Here’s a few options:
- Ideal for temps between 20 and 40 degrees at night: Coleman Brazos Cold-Weather Sleeping Bag
- Ideal for temps between 40 and 60 degrees at night: Coleman Trinidad Warm-Weather Sleeping Bag
- Ideal for the most hardcore fan with disposable income: Star Wars Tauntaun Sleeping Bag
3. A Throne fit for the Emperor
Ideal for doing your best Emperor Palpatine impression and laughing creepily at anyone that walks past you, having a chair to relax in is ideal for helping the time pass away.
- Good budget option: Ozark Trail Folding Chair
- Great size for kids, holds up to 100 lbs.: Star Wars Camping Chair
- Ideal for eating, drinking, laptop stand: Coleman Portable Deck Chair with Side Table
4. Harness the Heat of Mustafar
Without melting away into the same fiery pits that turned Anakin Skywalker into Darth Vader, staying warm while sitting in line for hours is a must, especially with a movie opening in December!
- A portable propane heater: Mr. Heater Little Buddy 3800-BTU Propane Heater
- Ideal for using a smartphone / tablet: Star Wars Logo Touch Screen Gloves (Fingerless option)
- Keep those feet warm: Force Awakens BB-8 Crew Socks
- The best jacket in the galaxy: Chewie Hoodie (Amazon)
- One branded blanket: Star Wars Fleece Throw
5. Master the power of Force Lightning
In case you don’t have time to swing by Tosche Station to pick up some power converters, this selection of items will keep your gadgets charged and replaying the Original Trilogy for the long haul.
- Great for keeping devices powered up during the day: Solar Charger 5000mAh Power Bank
- Ideal for late night reading, hanging in the tent: Etekcity Rechargeable LED Camping Lanterns
- Wind-up battery pack for recharging devices: Wind-up Rechargeable 5000mAh USB Battery Pack
6. More Entertainment than a Pazaak Deck
Those stretches of time sitting and waiting for the The Force Awakens can get pretty lengthy. It’s best to keep your attention on movies, television shows and games while you wait.
- Perhaps ideal for a tent, keep track of those pieces! LEGO Star Wars Poe’s X-Wing Fighter
- The board games that takes forever: Star Wars Monopoly
- Hours of Star Wars RPG fun, available on mobile now: Knights of the Old Republic (Android, iOS)
- Get lost in the music of the trilogy: The Music of Star Wars: The Last Jedi