Amazon extends return window for customers through end of May
Announced earlier today as a change that will potentially help customers in struggling financial situations or anyone that overstocked on consumables, any Amazon customer that’s made a purchase between March 1 and April 30 will be able to return items prior to May 31.
Previously, Amazon limited all returns to a window of the first 30 days upon receipt of shipment. The only products with a longer time window are Amazon Renewed products and baby products, which have a 90-day return window.
Globally, the new policy is as follows:
- U.S.: Items purchased between March 1, 2020 and April 30, 2020 can be returned until May 31, 2020.
- Italy, Spain, France, Turkey, and the Netherlands: Items purchased between February 15, 2020 and April 30, 2020 can be returned until May 31, 2020.
Amazon isn’t the only company to extend return policy windows due to the coronavirus. For instance:
- Apple will accept returns for 14 days after physical locations reopen.
- Macy’s extended the company’s return policy by 30 days.
- GAP extended the return window to July 1 for all purchases.
- J. Crew extended the return window up to 60 days for recent purchases.